Dr. Rajesh Chandra Mishra
MBBS.MD (Internal Medicine)
FNB (Fellowship in National Board, Critical Care Medicine)
EDIC (European Diploma in Intensive Care Medicine)
FCCP (Fellowship in American College of Chest medicine)
FCCM (Fellowship in American College of Critical Care Medicine)
FICCM (Fellow Indian College of Critical Care Medicine)
Consultant Intensivist & Internist . Ahmedabad,
E-mail : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: C-301, Indraprasth 8 (Frangipani), Nr Tulip Bungalow, B/H AUDA Sports Complex, Thaltej, Ahemdabad 380054.
Attachment Hospitals: Columbia Asia Ahmedabad, SAL Hospital, Sanjivani Superspeciality Hospital Vastrapur Ahmedabad , Medilink Hospital Ahmedabad, Tapan Hospital Ahmedabad. Global Hospital Ahmedabad.
Nature of Work: Practicing as a full time Intensivist since 2006 after passing FNB. Practice closed ICU system, wherein patient is referred to me and admitted under my care as primary decision maker. Also involved in training of ICU Doctors, IDCC, post MBBS certificate course students and Nursing staffs. Follow strict ICU protocols and guidelines. Keep a tight watch on antibiotic policy and aseptic precautions. My 60% time is for the patient care, 10% time is for quality and staff training, 10% time to students for teaching, 10% time to my self for update and remaining 10% time to conference and workshop as a faculty.
Training: Critical Care training started in Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre New Delhi in 2001. Have done 2 year Intensive training, FNB course from Manipal Hospital Bangaluru. Have been continuously attending National and International congress and workshops organized by ISCCM, ESICM, SCCM and other Societies. Since 2010, regularly attending the ISCCM national and Zonal conferences as invited faculty. Regular API faculty since 2010.
- Percutaneous Tracheostomy.
- Difficult Airway Management.
- FCCS –Instructor (2012-till now)
- ACLS –Instructor (2006-2010)
- USG & Trans-thoracic echo in ICU.
- ECMO (Extra Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation).
- CRRT (Continuous renal replacement therapy).
Awards, Honors and Scholarships:
- 1st Prize, CSICON UP Jhansi- 2001 – Paper presentation –Carvedilol in DCM (Dilated Cardiomyopathy).
- ISCCM -President citation award at Criticare. Jaipur 2014 & Agra 2016.
- Honor of excellence by (ISCCM) Agra Criticare. 2016, organizing committee, for helping .
- Honor of Appreciations by Kalol (IMA) medical association 2010
- Certificate of appreciation by RaFTA (Rational Fluid Therapy in Asia)
- FICCM (ISCCM –CRITICARE VARANSHI 2018) –CONFERENCE ON 7TH MARCH.
- PRESIDENT CITATION AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTION TO ISCCM. 7th march 2018 Varanshi.
Membership in Professional Societies:
- ISCCM (Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine)-Since 2008.
- API (Association of Physicians of India)-Since 2001.
- SCCM (Society of Critical Care Medicine)-Since 2010.
- ESICM-(European Society of Critical care Medicine)-Since 2007
- ACCP – (American College of Chest Physician)-Since 2009
Contribution to Society (ISCCM): I am active member of the ISCCM. Since 2011, I am being invited in National and regional (ISCCM) Congress as faculty. I am participating as a workshop organizer and faculty for Ventilator workshop, Hemodynamics monitoring workshop, Nephro-Critical care workshop, and Ultrasound in ICU workshop.
- I am elected as ISCCM, General Secretary (elect 2018-2019) and General Secretary (2019-2020)
- ISCCM day celebration: 8th October 2018 Sunday Ahmedabad. Theme organ donation ; has been allotted to me organize center program at Ahmedabad.
- I am scientific committee member of Criticare Varanshi-2018.
- Deputy-Editor (2017-2018) Critical Care Communication- a bimonthly Newsletter of ISCCM .
- I am in committee member for developing ISCCM RRT guidelines in ICU (being written).
- Writing a chapter on Methyl Alcohol poisoning in ISCCM Poisoning portal.
- Committee member for ISCCM, ICU Design & development (review group)
- Since 2010 and I have started Annual Critical Care Conference in Ahmedabad (GCC).
- (ICCCM) College inspector for college course recognition .
- I have served as west zone editorial member for ISCCM news journal (2012-2013)
- I have been awarded President citation award for my contribution to ISCCM in Jaipur 2014 & Agra 2016.
- I have been elected in ISCCM Executive committee (2014-2018)
- I did Nephrology workshop ( Program Coordinator) in ISCCM Jaipur 2014& ISCCM 2016 Agra, Best of Brussels Pune 2017. I have also developed Renal Replacement therapy protocol book for the same.
- Scientific committee member for (ISCCM) Criticare Agra 2016 and has helped the local team for developing their complete program.
- Criticare-2016, Agra (ISCCM) Organizing committee has facilitated me an “honor of appreciation” for my contribution.
- I have written a chapter on Pregnancy In ICU; in The ICU book edited by Dr Narendra Rungata.
- Guideline Committee member for developing (ISCCM) Tropical Fever guidelines.
- APICON 2019-Kochi – critical care segment of conference – I am given responsibility to select topic.
ISCCM GUIDELINES COMMITTEE MEMBER:
- Tropical fever guidelines -2014
- Nephrology (RRT) guidelines in ICU
- Antibiotics policy in ICU 2018
- ICU INFRASTURTURE AND DESIGN 2018
- CVC GUIDELINES -2018
Research work /PAPER/ REVIEW/FACULTY:
- Criticare 2018 Varanshi – Abstarct reviewer.
- 1 Rajesh Mishra , Mukul Mishra:- Carvedilol in Dilated Cardiomyopathy- Paper presentation -1st prize- UP-CSICON- Jhansi-2000.
- Mukul Mishra, Rajesh Mishra- APICON UP CHAPTER-2001-Infective theory of Coronary Artery Disease- medicine update.
- Mukul Mishra, Rajesh Mishra- Cardiology UP Chapter Journal -2000: Low Molecular Weight Heparin in Unstable Angina.
- Rajesh Mishra, Jose Chako, Sunil Karanth & Srinivas Samavedam. Retrospective study on Outcome of chest trauma – paper presentation: ISCCM MUMBAI Criticcare-2004
- Anaesth Intensive Care. 2007Jun;35(3):382-6.Critical incidents in a multidisciplinary intensive care unit.. Chacko J, Mishra RC. Raju HR, Singh MK.
- As a Principle Investigator- participated in 3 multi-center Randomised Control trails
- Tropical fever guideline-IJCCM-www.ijccm.org on Friday, February 21, 2014, IP: 18.104.22.168]-Singhi S, Chaudhary D, Varghese GM, Bhalla A, Karthi N, Kalantri S, Peter JV, Mishra RC, Bhagchandani R, Munjal M, Chugh TD, Rungta N. Tropical fevers: Management guidelines. Indian J Crit Care Med 2014;18:62-9.
- Rajesh Chandra Mishra, Srinivas Samavedam, Pratibha Dileep ,Sunil Pandya. ; Critical care : Editor in Chief; Narendra Rungta & Rajesh Pandey. Obstetric Critical Care section 7: Four Chapters: (1)Physiology of pregnancy : 41-357-363: (2) Respiratory Disorders During pregnancy; 42-364-367. (3) Liver Disease complicating pregnancy- 43:369-371. (4) Peripartum and Postpartum Intensive care in pregnancy; 44:372-380. ISBN 978-93-5152-213-3..
- Rajesh Mishra, API Update Book-2014, SECTION 8: Pulmonology and Critical Care Medicine -Role of ultrasound in managing life threatening emergency 74.
- Rajesh Mishra, Dileep Srinivasan, Pratibha Dileep. API & Indian college of Physicians; Monograph fever of unknown origin; Editor: K K PAREEK & Girish Mathur: Approach to fever in immunocompromised host (non-HIV); 123-138
- Rajesh Mishra. Text book of Critical Care- including trauma and emergency care; Editor in Chief; Dr. Yatin Mehta. ICU scoring systems; chapter 2: 8-14; ISBN 9789351529682
- Rajesh Mishra. API UPDATE BOOK 2017:Section 13, Poisoning: Role of Plasmapheresis and CRRT in managing PCM induced fulminant hepatic failure.116: 547-552. Volume 27-2017, ISBN: 978-1-943438-19-8
- ISCCM Nephrology (RRT Guideline), Rajesh Mishra ,Sreebhushan Raju. Renal Replacement Therapy prescriptions. (To be Published by IJCCM)
- Rajesh Mishra, Ganshyam Jagatkar, Harjit Dumra. ISCCM-Critical care update-2018 book: Is personalized care in ICU is future?(To be Published in Critical Care Update 2018.
- Accepted for publication (IJCCM) : Indian Journal of Critical Care Medicine has received your manuscript entitled “TROPICAL FEVERS IN INDIAN INTENSIVE CARE UNITS (ICUs): A PROSPECTIVE MULTICENTER STUDY” for consideration for publication. The reference number for this manuscript is “IJCCM_324_17”.
Contribution as speaker:
- 10th December 2017. ISCCM Hyderabad Criticon . Pro –Con Debate : antibiotic stewardship is useful .
- 9th December 2017. ISCCM JAIPUR
- 18TH November 2017, Infection-Con Mumbai: Diagnosing sepsis in geriatric patients
- 10th November 2017, ISCCM Superspecialty Critical care Conference, Kolkata. (1)Obese patient in ICU. (2) Immunomodulators in sepsis.
- 21st October 2017, ISCCM, EZCCCON-Ranchi- Approach to coma.
- 16th September 2017, ISCCM –DCCS DELHI LEELA-managing hypercytokinemia.
- 27th August 2017- ISCCM Ahmedabad: Chapter and UN Mehta Institute of Cardiology – CME- Is R protocol out in acute pancreatitis management.
- 13th July 2017 – Mumbasa , Kenya: Kenyan society of anesthesia and critical care- What is new in Sepsis and role of immunomodulators.
- 4th – 9th July 2017; BOB (Best of Brussels), Pune: RRT workshop (a) –Cardio renal syndrome, (b) weaning from RRT. Work station : Intradialytic hypotension & newer mode ventilator.
- 18th June 2017, 2nd Hyderabad intensive care symposium – 7th annual update—(1) new antibiotics – Fosfomycin : what when and how much –(2) antimicrobial therapy: monotherapy vs combination therapy: do we have answers
- 29th April 2017, Bhopal –ISCCM, ORCC-CON – Year in review – Renal Failure.
- 2nd April , 2017 GCC Ahmedabad. Violence against Doctors- How we can deal with.
- 3rd February 2017 Criticare, Kochi : Hypotensive resuscitation in trauma. Nephrology workshop – Cardio renal syndrome and debate on Intensivist vs Nephrologist.
- 29th January 2017 APICON, Mumbai. –Role of Plasmapheresis and CRRT in managing Paracetamol induced fulminant hepatic failure.
- 17th -18th DECEMBER 2016, (ISCCM) 4C PUNE – 1- hypokalemia & hyperkalemia in ICU. 2- ARF IN ICU. 3- Radiology in ICU.
- 28th August 2016 ISCCM-SZCCC- Hyderabad , 1- new frontier in sepsis. 2-Debate.(q- SOFA) is Clueless ( against).
- 7th & 8th July 2016 Best of Brussels, Pune – 1. NIV WORKSHOP . 2- straight talk –colistin vs polymyxin-B.
- 3rd -7th February , 2016 ISCCM Criticare Agra : 1-Nephrology Workshop course director. 2- MV workshop :COAD , ventilator strategy. 3- Moderator for panel discussions on , a -AKI approach and management, b- immunomodulator in sepsis, c- Fat embolism. 4- Debate – early vs late tracheotomy (late) 5- AKI –Prevention .
- 28th January 2016 APICON Hyderabad, – 1-sepsis-what is new. 2- How do I provide ventilator care to my patients.
- ISCCM-MAHACRITICON NASIK-2015 (ISCCM)- 1-How to initiate ventilator. 2- Weaning protocol.
- 24th-26th April 2015 GCC Ahmedabad, – Immunomodulator in sepsis, metabolic changes in acute pancreatitis and polytrauma, handover in ICU, Chest trauma and mechanical ventilation, FAST-eFAST.
- 4th-8th March 2015 ISCCM-CRITICON, Bangaloru- Ventilator workshop- NIV; Advance mechanical ventilation, Lectures: Rational Osmotherapy, AKI & antibiotic dosing intensivist perspective . Panel discussion : Role of immunomodulator in sepsis.
- 31st Jan 2015 BAPICON, Darbhanga Bihar – USG- my eye in ICU patients.
- 10th January 2015 NGPA, Singapore – learning from mistakes.
- 20th December 2014 ISGCON, MUMBAI – Management of acute pancreatitis.
- 6th – 9TH November 2014 EMCON, Mumbai, Community Acquired Pneumonia –ICU admission and ventilator management.
- 28th September 2014 –BPCON, Crown Plaza Hotel Ahmedabad – Hypertensive Crisis.
- 13th September 2014 ISCCM, Lucknow (ISCCM) Critical Care Update –sepsis controversy.
- 15th – 16th September 2014 DCCS (ISCCM) – India Habitat Centre: Current Controversy in VAP.
- 21st June 2014 ISCCM, Hyderabad: Role of erythropoietin in ICU.
- 30th June 2014- tropical fever update at Varanshi (ISCCM) – strategy to prevent AKI in malaria patients.
- 24th may 2014 ISCCM, AGRA branch : Strategy to initiate antibiotic in ICU.
- 3rd May 2014 – Cardiac Critical Care course at Kothari Medical Centre Kolkatta –role USG in ICU, & workshop training.
- 5th-6th April 2014- Shiva Hotel, Ahmedabad – lecture on-(1)-drug holiday in septic patients.(2) strategy to improve diagnostic ability in life threatening problems.
- 23rd February 2014 APICON, Ludhiana – Lecture on role of ultrasound in managing life threatening emergency.
- 14th-18th February 2014 ISCCM, Jaipur Criticare : I was in scientific advisory committee. I was course director for Nephro-critical care workshop. I have developed a protocol book on nephron-critical care, edited it and wrote a chapter on AKI prevention. Lectures on: a – infection in CRF, B- Hyponatremia approach and mx. c- Panelist –tropical fever approach and mx . D- Moderator- CVC infection preventive strategy .
- 24th January APICON, 2014 Ahmedabad Approach to CAP- how do I manage .
- 1st December 2013 Shiva Hotel Ahmedabad, Pneumonia update : how to prevent CAP and strategy to diagnose non responding pneumonia.
- 15th November 2013: FCCS –Instructor- Kolkata
- 26th & 27th October 2013; ISCCM Bhopal- hemodynamic workshop and Sepsis guidelines.
- 25th October 2013 ACPCON Kota – Ventilator Workshop – Course coordinator
- 15th September 2013, Tropical Fever Update Ahmedabad- Strategy to prevent acute Kidney Injury in complicated Malaria, Viral hemorrhagic fever.
- 14th September 2013 Kothari Medical center, Kolkata – FCCS Instructor : A-how to assess seriously ill patient and B-CPR.
- 14th July 2013 B.J. Medical College, Ahmedabad – Approach to shock with unknown poisoning.
- 12th & 13th July 2013 “Best of Brussels” Symposium held at Pune by ISCCM Pune branch – Role of Ulinastatin in treating severe sepsis.
- 7th July 2013 “National Updates in Malaria Management” held at Jaipur by Malaria Management Group (ISCCM- Jaipur) :Strategy to prevent acute kidney injury in complicated Malaria .
- 16th Jun 2013 CME on Infectious Diseases Update held by ISCCM Surat & Association of Physicians of Surat – Viral pneumonia in ICU and strategy to prevent MDR Infection emergence in ICU.
- 9th June 2013 GMERS Medical College, Valsad and Association of Surgeons of Valsad – Surviving sepsis guidelines and post-op care of high risk surgical patients –speaker – CME program held by Dept. of Surgery.
- 26th May 2013 CME cum Workshop on Essential of Critical Care’ held at Jodhpur, Organized by ISCCM City Branch, Jodhpur : A- How do I initiate mechanical ventilation in ICU , B: hands-on training in CPR.
- 1st – 3rd March 2013 ISCCM -Criticare Held at Science City, Kolkata – Post-OP Neurosurgical Meningitis and FCCS workshop Speaker.
- 15th – 16th December 2012 Criticon, Organized ISCCM Bhavnagar Branch – Immunomodulators in severe sepsis.
- 14th – 15th December 2012 CME and 4th Annual Conference of Health Care Associated Infections & Prevention organized by The Gujarat Cancer and Research Institute, Ahmedabad and Hospital Infection Society, India, Gujarat Chapter – Why it is difficult to prevent emergence of antibiotic resistance.
- 26th August 2012; ISCCM- DCCS 2012 the 10th Annual Conference of ISCCM (Delhi and NCR Chapter) held at Hotel Le-Meridian, New Delhi – Approach to hypernatremia.
- 1st April 2012 Facilitating “Critical Care Toxicology” Organized by Indian Red Cross Society, Gujarat State Branch Ahmedabad – Approach to Shock due to poisoning – speaker.
- 10th -11th March 2012 3rd Gujarat Critical Care Conference held at Ahmedabad- How to start RRT in ICU, FAST TO eFAST IN USG in emergency, Cardiac output monitoring in ICU , approach to Acute Respiratory failure in ICU, and approach to hyponatremia in ICU
- 15th -19th February 2012, 18th Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine & International Critical Care Congress held at Pune, India (Criticare 2012): Chairperson.
- Attended 30th June-1st July 2011 International Course on ECMO and Short Term Circulatory/Respiratory Support held at UICP in Paris, France.
- Attended 10th – 12th March 2011 1st European Congress for Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology which took place in Marseille, France.(ECBIP 2011)
- 16th -21st February 2011 17th Annual Congress of Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine at New Delhi, India (Criticare, 2011) – Chaiperson.
- 6th -9th January 2011; 66th Annual Conference of Association of Physicians of India held at Ahmedabad, India (APICON 2011) – Surviving Sepsis guidelines.
- Attended 9th -13th October 2010 – 23rd ANNUAL CONGRESS CCIB-BARCELONA-SPAIN by European Society of Intensive Care Medicine.
- Attended 2nd – 4th July 2010 4th Teaching Seminar on Bronchoscopy: Science, Technique and Art held at Athens, Greece.
- 4th -6th February 2010 North Gujarat Physician Association held at Bangkok Speaker when do you need intensivist.
- 27th March 2010 GCC Ahmedabad – Insulin therapy in septic shock and nutrition in ICU.
- 27th December 2009 Workshop on Critical Care in Obstetrics and Obstetric I.C.U held at Ahmedabad organized by Ahmedabad obstetrics and Gynaecological Society and practical Obstetrics Committee, FOGSI – DIC is not Death issuing certificate- speaker.
- Attended 11th -14th October 2009 22nd ANNUAL CONGRESS VIENNA, AUSTRIA by European Society of Intensive Care Medicine
- 28th -29th March 2009 Workshop and Continuing Medical Education Program 2009 (Medicine) APICON-86 Trust & Department of medicine held at R.N.T. Medical College, Udaipur – How to monitor sick patient in ICU, and when to intubate sick patient in ICU.
- 11th January 2009 CME on Critical Care Medicine held at Global Hospital & Research Centre, Abu Road – Severe Sepsis and septic shock management-, ABG Interpretation .
- Speaker- 3rd January 2009 , Basic Life Support organized IMA-Jamnagar branch.
- 25th – 26th August 2007 Mid Annual Conference of Association of Physician of Gujarat held at Mt. Abu – Recent trend in management of organophosphorus poisoning .
Dr Rajesh Chandra Mishra
Consultant Intensivist & Internist
General Secretary Elect ISCCM 2018-19
General Secretary ISCCM 2019- 2020